1.29.2015

Flannel Pizza Friday

Friday seems to be a rather popular pizza day, so I feel that it is appropriate to share the flannel pizzas that I used in story time this past week for Flannel (Pizza) Friday.  You can read about the books and songs we used for pizza week here, below are the flanneled parts.
Whilen looking for a flannel story or activity for our pizza theme I came across this fun song posted by Jen in the Library.  It is a pizza song much like Bingo and goes:
There is a treat that's fun to eat 
And Pizza is it's name-o.
P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A
And Pizza is it's name-o.

Then, because it looks so yummy, we ate one.  The kids LOVED this.  I held out the flannel slice and we all happily pretend chewed it up.  We went back to the song and replaced the P with a clap and then ate another slice and so on until we had eaten all of the pizza.

When I sang the song with my toddler group we kept saying Pizza, even if the letters said IZZA or ZA etc.  I could not remember how the Bingo song goes (this is what happens when you start to get older and accumulate too many children's songs in your head - just wait until you forget the tune to Twinkle little star!).  I think I have heard Bingo sung both ways, so we just kept going with the full word.  And, if you just go with it like your way is right everyone will follow along and figure maybe they had it wrong :) (Until a 3 year old informs you of your error, I had one in tears over Little Bunny Foo-Foo once and I sang that one 'correctly'.)

The pizza slices are made of flannel and decorated with various toppings.  I made each one with different toppings just for fun.  I did color the white flannel with yellow and brown sharpies to get a better looking 'cheese' layer.  The letters are paper that was laminated with a velcro piece on the back.  I figured this way I could take them off if I ever needed pizza slices for another story.

For play time after story time I wanted to incorporate the pizza theme so I made up some flannel pizzas.  There is crust, sauce, cheese (cut yarn), and various toppings.  I saved a few pizza boxes over the weekend and lined them with some cardstock and let the kids use those to serve and deliver their pizza creations.  They had a great time with it.


You can find the rest of this week's Flannel Friday submissions over at storytime katie and for the best ever collection of flannel ideas check out the Pinterest boards.


5 comments:

  1. I love love love every part of this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm!! I can add this one to my pizza storytime stuff!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assam Career | Jobs in Assam | Jobs in Guwahati | Assam Tips
    Assam Tips is the trusted website to find latest jobs in Assam. Get information on govt jobs in Assam, Assam Career, Assam Tribune, NHM, DTE Assam job

    job in assam

    ReplyDelete
  4. jaane sabhi prakar ke course aur eductaion ki jaankari wo bhi hindi me yahan par milegi sabhi prakar ke course ki jaankari chhote bade sabhi prakar ke latest course ki jaankari, technical course ki jaankari computer course ki jaankari coursewithenjoy ke saath

    course and education information in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. computer jo ki aap sabhi ki zarorat hai mano iske bina koi bhi kaam nhi ho sakta to isi liye yahan par hum jaaenge ki computer kya hai, computer kise kahate hain aur computer se related saari jaankari hindi me

    computer kya hai aur computer kise kahate hain

    ReplyDelete