6.01.2012

Flannel Friday: Foamie Me!

Have you met Foamie Me?  Last fall I did a story time all about flies and used a cute little poem that I found at fellow Flannel Friday-er Miss Mary Liberry's blog.  The poem is actually called 'There's a bug on the teacher' and was written by Kalli Dakos, but I changed it to be specifically a fly.

I made me out of foam!  The scale is probably a bit off, I think foamie me seems taller than life-size me, but I can dream a little.  I used a clip art shape that I found and then fit my own clothes and hair to the shape.   We have a little magnet board that I sometimes use for story time, so I added a magnet to the back.  The fly is a round magnet to which I added some silver paper wings, a puffy paint smile, and googly eyes.

The poem goes:
There’s a Bug on the Teacher
by Kalli Dakos

There’s a bug on the teacher,
and it’s crawling on her shoe.
What will she do?
It’s crawling on her shoe!

There’s a bug on the teacher,
And it’s crawling on her pants.
Has us in a trance,
That bug on her pants.

There’s a bug on the teacher,
And it’s crawling on her shirt,
I hope it doesn’t hurt,
That bug on her shirt.

There’s a bug on the teacher,
And it’s crawling on her neck,
Everyone check,
It’s crawling on her neck!

There’s a bug on the teacher,
And it’s crawling on her nose,
Why do you suppose
It’s crawling on her nose?

Oh no! It's on her nose!

AhhhhhCHOOOOOO!!
There’s a bug on the floor,
And it’s crawling out the door!

I had the kids use their fingers as a bug and move it along with me as we did the rhyme.  This was quite a bit of fun.  Who knew flies could be so entertaining?

This week you can find the round-up with Lisa at Libraryland.  You can find all kinds of Flannel Friday information at the new site here, or you can click the Flannel Friday link to the right to go straight to the Pinterest boards.  

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to make a flannel version of me, forever. I bet your kids go crazy for foamie you!

    ReplyDelete